While roaming abroad, you can enjoy receiving voice calls, sending & receiving SMS. du is proud to announce that you can also enjoy making outgoing voice calls in 145 foreign operators from 60 countries, including the GCC countries, several regions in India, Pakistan, Egypt, UK, Germany, France, USA, Italy, Malaysia, Philippines and Australia.
Please note that du is striving to expand the list of countries where you can enjoy making outgoing voice calls with your Pay as you Go or Visitor Mobile Line.
Making Outgoing Voice Calls
- To call back home in the UAE, dial + followed by the international code for UAE (971), area code (dropping the first zero) and the phone number e.g. Dubai: + 971 4 3613325, du mobile: + 971 55 3613325
- To call any international number, dial + followed by the international code, area code (dropping the first zero) and the phone number
- To access your voice mail box, dial +971 55 5678161 (or 00971 55 5678161). You will also need your personal PIN (your default PIN is 0000 or you may have changed it to a number of your choice when you set up your voice mailbox)
- To contact du customer care, dial +971 55 5678155 (or 00971 55 5678155). Roaming charges apply.
- You can enjoy making outgoing voice calls in the countries list here.
To ensure that messages get through, enter the recipient’s mobile number in the international format, E.g. for sending a message to an UAE number you should send it to + 971 55 3613325 (or 00971 55 3613325)
Recharging whilst abroad
If you would like to recharge your Pay as You Go line or Visitor Mobile Line using your Mobile Payments whilst abroad, please register your credit card with us before you travel. You can register for free by calling 135 from your du mobile or if you want to register for Mobile Payments whilst abroad you can do so by logging onto our website www.du.ae
Accessing high speed mobile internet and sending MMS
You can now browse the internet while being a prepaid subscriber. Enjoy roaming data services depending upon your usage. All you need to do is:
- To use internet on your mobile, ensure that data roaming is activated on your mobile settings
- to send MMS simply make sure to roam on a network supporting data services and do just as you would do in the UAE
- to enjoy internet on your laptop, connect your mobile data card or 3G mobile phone to your laptop.
Note that this service has no activation charges and is a default, Pay per Use service.
Just make sure to roam on a network supporting data services.
To disable while roaming, ensure your data roaming service is deactivated from your Smartphone. You can check the settings on your phone.