1. What are the new initial benefits for Pay as you Go® &and alo Lines?
With the new initial benefits, when you buy a new Pay as you Go® for AED 55, you’ll get a welcome bonus of 10 free flexi minutes which can be used to make
national or international* calls, valid for 3 days from the time of activation.
Note: *Minutes used to make international calls are applicable for 175 destinations.
2. What is included in the free flexi minutes?
The free flexi minutes included with new Pay as you Go® and alo plans can be used for any of the below; whichever is consumed first:
National calls (within the UAE)
International calls (to 175 destinations)
Note: when using the free flexi minutes the charges will be on per second basis.
3. How is it different from the current Pay as you Go® line/alo line?
The difference between the current PaYG/alo and the new Pay as you Go®/new alo is as below:
AED 10 More Time credit that can be used for all types of calls, SMS and data.
The credit was valid as long as the line is valid.
10 free flexi minutes
10 free flexi minutes
can be used to make either national or international calls.
The credit is valid for 3 days
Receive lifetime validity and never pay the annual fee again when you:
a) Use AED 500 in a year
b) Pay a one-time fee of AED 20 to enjoy your line for life.
Note: To keep your line valid for life all you need to do is use it for just AED 10 a year.
100MB (For Pay as you Go® ONLY)
100MB as More Data credit, which can be used to connect to the internet.
The credit will be valid for a period of 1 month only from the activation.
4. What happens if I bought a Pay as you Go®/alo plan before 16 May 2014?
If you bought PaYG before 16 May 2014 the benefits you’ll get depend on when you make your first call:
First call before 16 May 2014 -
the old benefits will be enjoyed i.e. a welcome bonus of AED 10 and 100MB data.
For new alo
- the old benefits will be enjoyed i.e. a welcome bonus of AED 10.
First call after 16 May 2014 -
the new benefits will be enjoyed i.e. welcome bonus of 10 free flexi minutes which can be used to make national or international calls.
5. If I buy a new Pay as you Go® or alo plan can I subscribe to Life Time Validity?
No, once the new Pay as you Go® or alo welcome bonus of 10 flexi minutes is launched then Life time Validity will no longer be available.
6. What will happen to existing customers who already have Life Time Validity?
Existing customers with Life Time Validity will continue enjoying the benefit. If the Life Time Validity conditions are not met then the customer will lose
this benefit and will not be able to opt in again.
7. What are the cascading rules for the welcome bonus of 10 free flexi minutes?
The welcome bonus of 10 free flexi minutes balance type will always be consumed first after the Daily Saver Pack.
8. What are the rate plans that will receive this benefit?
This benefit will be available for new Pay as you Go® and alo customers.
9. How can I check the balance of the welcome bonus?
Your welcome bonus balance and validity can be checked by dialling *135#.
Note: Once the balance is used, you won’t receive will any information when you dial *135#
10. What happens if a I finish all the minutes while still on a call. Will the call continue or will it get dropped if other balances are available?
If you finish all the free minutes while on the call, the call will continue and the charges will be deducted from other balances More Time/More