1. Why do I have to register my line with du or to renew my registration? 3. My mobile service has been suspended and I keep receiving SMSes asking me to update my identification documents. How can I restore my mobile service?
This is in line with the TRA’s policy regarding the registration requirements for consumer mobile customers to protect their rights and confidentiality and to avoid fraud cases.
2. How can I register my mobile number?
We will send you an SMS to tell you when you need to register your mobile line and we'll ask you to submit a valid identification document (as listed above). Visit any of our shops or authorised dealers (such as Axiom, Jumbo, Eros, Jacky’s, E-max, and Plug-ins) to submit your valid identification documents.
If you have received SMSes asking you to update your identification documents and you haven't done so before the provided deadline, your mobile service may get suspended. To restore your mobile service, visit any of our shops
and bring with you the required identification documents as specified in the table above. We encourage you to submit the required documents as soon as possible to avoid complete service disconnection. 4. What will happen if I fail to register by the date mentioned in the SMS?
Your line will be suspended for a period of time. If you still did not register during the suspension period, your mobile line will be deactivated and you will not be able to claim back your number. 5. What is the difference between my mobile line’s validity period and registering my documents?
Your mobile SIM may have a validity period that needs regular renewal as specified in the terms and conditions of your plan. This is different than registering your identification documents in line with the TRA’s policy for consumer
mobile customers in UAE to protect their rights and confidentiality and to
avoid fraud cases. 6. I am visiting the UAE on a visit visa, do I have to be a resident to register my line?
You can register your line with your valid UAE visa, including a visit visa. Simply visit any of our shops or authorised dealers to register your line again. 7. Do I have to update and register my identification documents if I’ve not received a message from du?
Yes, all mobile lines are required to be registered. Whether you’ve received SMS from us or not, we’d encourage you to register now to avoid any possibility of interruptions to your service.
8. How many times do I need to register my mobile number?
You’re required to go and register your mobile numbers every time your identification documents expire. You’ll receive an SMS before the expiry date of your registered documents, reminding you to submit your valid documents.
Special offer FAQs:
1. What is the My Number, My Identity Offer?
The My Number, My Identity Offer gives all new and existing prepaid customers one free hour of talk time, which can be used for national calls or international calls to 175 destinations. The free hour will last for 7 days from the time it’s issued. You’ll need at least AED 1 credit in your balance to use the free talk time.
To be eligible for this offer, you must register your mobile line using the card reader at any of our stores or authorised partners, using your valid Emirates ID. The offer is available until 31 Dec 2013.
2. How will the free hour be divided between national and international calls?The free hour can be used for national calls within the UAE or for international calls to 175 destinations . It’s up to you how you choose to use them.
3. Who is eligible for this offer?All prepaid customers who have submitted their documents for My Number, My Identity registration after 20 Nov 2013, and have done so by using the card reader at one of our stores or authorised partners, using their valid Emirates ID.
4. Do I need to activate the My Number, My Identity Offer?
The offer will be automatically activated.
5. What are the identification documents I need to provide to register my line and get my free hour?
All you need is your valid Emirates ID.
6. When will I get my free hour talk time?
You’ll get your free hour within 7 days of registration, and you’ll need at least AED 1 credit in your balance to use the free talk time.
7. Where can I register my mobile line?
Register in our stores or at any of our authorised partners. To be eligible for this offer, you must register using the card reader at any of our authorised partners with your Emirates ID.
8. How will I know that my line has been registered successfully?
Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive two SMSes:
1. Within 48 hours, confirmation of submission of your documents.
2. A second SMS informing you that your documents have been accepted or rejected.
9. How will I know when I’ve received my free hour?
You’ll be notified by SMS once the free hour has been issued and is ready to use.
10. How will I know when my free hour has expired?
You’ll receive an SMS informing you that the free hour of talk time has expired.
11. How many times can I get the free hour with the My Number, My Identity Offer?
The My Number, My Identity Offer can be redeemed only once per mobile line.
2. What if I registered my line but didn’t receive the free hour?
You’ll need to contact Customer Care where one of our representatives will assist you.
13. In what order will my free hour be used if I have other balances?
The My Number, My Identity Offer free hour will be the last to be used, once your other balances have been consumed.
14. What happens if I don’t use all of my free hour within the 7 day validity period?
Any remaining free minutes you haven’t used will automatically expire and are not carried forward.