1. Which users can activate the Roaming Data Daily Bundle on their mobile lines?
All Pay As You Go® users travelling abroad, including all smartphone users who have a minimum balance of AED 50 on their mobile lines can take advantage of this service.
2. Do I have to configure my phone before activating this service?
All you need to ensure is that the roaming data is enabled on your smartphone.
3. Do I need to select a particular operator/network?
You don't need to select any particular operator. An eligible operator is automatically selected by the system.
4. What happens if my phone gets on a network that doesn't support the Roaming Data Daily Bundle?
In such a case, you'll be unable to use this service. If you're in the range of an eligible network provider, but not connected you can either:
• Wait until your smartphone automatically detects and connects to a Roaming Data Daily Bundle eligible network
• Manually select a Roaming Data Daily Bundle eligible network
5. If I'm not in the range of an eligible network how do I surf the internet?
Although Roaming Data Daily Bundle works with most operators in the world, in some areas you may not be in the coverage network. However, you can still activate Pay Per Use service on top of your Roaming Data Daily Bundle (or without it) as described above.
Note: When you activate Pay Per Use option on top of your Roaming Data Daily Bundle you'll be consuming your Roaming Data Daily Bundle allowance first until it expires. After that Pay Per Use will apply.
6. Can I activate Roaming Data Daily Bundle and Pay Per Use at the same time?
Yes, you can have both Roaming Data Daily Bundle and Pay Per Use active at the same time.
7. How much do I pay for using Pay Per Use service?
If you decide to use Pay Per Use service you'll pay only AED 1 per 30 KB. In all other countries (including Lebanon) you can activate Pay Per Use for only AED 1 per 15 KB. For a detailed list of countries, eligible operators and rates.
8. Can I use my national data allowance abroad?
To stay online while travelling activate your roaming internet by dialing *135*20# as your national data allowance cannot be used abroad.
9. Is there any charge for calling *135*20#?
No, the roaming internet activation process is fully free of charge.
10. Can I activate this service in the UAE before I travel abroad?
You can only activate this service once you are abroad. Simply dial *135*20# when abroad.
11. How will I know whether my service has been activated?
You'll see the confirmation on the phone's display once you finish the activation process. We'll also send you an additional SMS for your reference immediately after the service has been activated.
12. Can I cancel the Roaming Data Daily Bundle or Pay Per Use within 24 hours of activation?
For Roaming Data Daily Bundle, once the activation process has been done you can enjoy the service to its fullness. The bundle cannot be cancelled once it's activated. In case of Pay Per Use, if not deactivated, it'll automatically expire after 24 hours.
13. How can I check my remaining Roaming Data Daily Bundle balance?
To check your data balance, simply dial *135* and you'll get an SMS stating your remaining balance as well as the validity period for your Roaming Data Daily Bundle.
14. How will I know if my Roaming Data Daily Bundle has expired or used up?
You'll receive a notification SMS, once you've consumed all your data allowance under your Roaming Data Daily Bundle.
15. What happens to my remaining balance if I don't use all of it within 24 hours?
In such case, it's recommended you purchase a new Roaming Data Daily Bundle, so all the balance data will be added to your new Roaming Data Daily Bundle. If not, then the unused data balance won't be carried over.
16. Can I use Pay Per Use when my Roaming Data Daily Bundle has expired or if the data has been used?
When your Roaming Data Daily Bundle expires or has been used, simply dial *135*20# to make your choice between a new Roaming Data Daily Bundle or Pay Per Use. Ensure that your balance is at least AED 10 at this time in order to activate Pay Per Use.
17. Is the Roaming Data Daily Bundle automatically renewed upon expiry or when all used up?
To avoid unnecessary charges for this service, you have to activate the Roaming Data Daily Bundle every day as needed. Roaming Data Daily Bundle is not automatically renewed so you can have full control over your spending.