Enjoy an internet experience on the go.
Choose from our Real Mobile Broadband Internet Keys to suit your connectivity needs and budget. Real Mobile Broadband is supported by our HSPA+ data network, and it lets you:
- Enjoy high speed data connectivity using our state-of-the-art mobile network
- Manage your contacts as you send and receive SMSes from your laptop
- Recharge, pay online and check the balance of your Pay As You Go® data line
- Each Internet Key comes with included memory for your data storage
Pay As You Go Data line customers will need to purchase a
new bundle with WoW 'More Data' recharge option once your data bundle is
Mobile Broadband FAQs
1. How can I find out if there is Mobile Broadband coverage in my area?
View our network coverage maps to find out if your area is within our network coverage.
2. Can I use my mobile broadband connection abroad?
Yes, to know about our international roaming rates and coverage, view our roaming charges.
Note that the roaming cost will vary depending on the country you're travelling to, your plan and the overseas operator you’ll be roaming with.
3. Can I use Mobile Broadband without having to plug in an Internet Key or use a Mobile Wi-Fi device?
Yes, you can connect using a laptop with a built-in mobile broadband. A SIM slot should be available for you to insert your SIM. Please refer to your laptop’s user manual.
4. Can I use my existing mobile SIM for Mobile Broadband?
Yes, as long as you are subscribed to data bundles and have a mobile broadband-enabled device.
1. What are data SIMs?
Data SIM cards are cost effective SIM cards for Internet Keys, Mobile Wi-Fi or compatible laptops (laptops that support SIM cards). You simply need to insert your data SIM card into your data device and get connected. Data SIM cards can be used by anyone who wishes to connect to the internet while on the go.
2. How can I activate my data SIM?
The activation process is similar to any other mobile line activation.
3. Can the data SIM ownership be changed?
Yes, just as per the existing process for normal SIM cards.
4. What are the services excluded on my data SIM?
BlackBerry® services and value added services like Voice mail and Ring Back Tone (RBT) are all excluded from your data SIM package.
5. Can roaming be activated on my data SIM card? If yes, is there any deposit required to activate data roaming on my data SIM?
Yes, roaming services are offered on data SIMs and a roaming deposit is required.
1. I’d like to migrate to a different data bundle. Is that possible?
Yes, it’s possible. For migrating/downgrading/upgrading from your current data bundle, you can either visit selfcare.du.ae or any of our shops. Note that the bundle charge will be prorated.
2. I have data units left from my current month usage. Is it possible to carry it forward to the next bill cycle?
It's not possible to carry remaining credit to the next bill cycle for Monthly Data Line. Any unconsumed data units cannot be transferred to your next bill cycle.
For Pay As You Go®, your 'More Data' credit has a designated validity period. This validity can only be extended if you recharge again before the previous one expires. The balance units from your previous 'More Data' recharge will be extended to the validity of your new 'More Data' recharge.
3. What if I exceed the monthly volume of my data bundle?
For Monthly Data Line (postpaid), out of bundle charges or pay-per-use charges will apply.
For Pay As You Go® (prepaid), you cannot exceed your 'More Data' option as a prepaid user. You need to buy a new 'More Data' denomination.
Speed and coverage
1. Is Mobile Broadband available everywhere?
Mobile Broadband is available in most areas. Check your area coverage here.
Your actual speed and coverage will depend upon, but is not limited to:
- The availability of Mobile Broadband coverage
- Your distance from the nearest network tower
- Whether you are indoor or outdoor
- Number of other users connected around you
- The device you are using to get connected
1. Can I do 'More Time' recharge for SMS/MMS usage?
Yes, the recharge done using 'More Time' can only be used for SMS/ MMS. The balance of AED 55 will be used to renew you data line, only if you have 0 usage in the last 12 months. However for browsing, 'More Data' recharge is mandatory.
2. Can I upgrade or downgrade during my bill cycle?
Yes, you can upgrade and downgrade once per billing cycle.
3. Where can I buy the data devices and Data Line?
You can buy them at any of our shops or at our authorised partners.
Note that they are available with a minimum of 1 GB data bundle and above.
4. Is there any warranty that comes with the data devices?
Yes. The device comes with a standard manufacturer warranty.
5. Can I ask for refund and return of the device?
Unfortunately, we do not offer refund and return of devices. However, we do replace it only if there is a manufacturing defect while it’s still under warranty.
Internet Key 1. Can I use my Internet Key with a SIM card from another mobile operator?
Yes, but you’ll not enjoy our specific preferential benefits (rates). 2. Can I use my Internet Key abroad?
Yes your Internet Key can be used abroad. However, your price plan and the visiting country will determine the charges for data usage abroad. To know more about the charges, click here
. 3. Is the Internet Key compatible with Apple Mac computers?
Yes it is compatible with Apple Mac computers. You’ll need the following:
• Mac OSX Panther 10.3.9 operating system or higher
• A standard USB port
• At least 50 MB free disk space and 128 MB RAM
4. Is the Internet Key compatible with a Windows laptop?
Yes it is compatible with Windows. You’ll need the following:
• Windows 7, Vista or XP
• A standard USB port
• At least 100 MB free disk space and 128 MB RAM
5. What happens if someone else uses my Mobile Broadband Internet Key on a different laptop?
The Internet Key will work in the same way. The software will automatically install on Windows or Mac computer when it is plugged in.
Note that usage will be charged on your bill or it will be charged against your More Data balance if it's a Pay As You Go® data SIM. 6. How can I setup my Internet Key?
The first time you plug the modem stick into the USB port of your laptop the software will be installed, once installed you can connect to the web. The next time you plug in your internet key, you can directly get connected to the internet. 7. Can I see how much data I’ve used with my Internet Key?
To help you monitor data usage, our Mobile Broadband dashboard which is a part of your Internet Key software gives an indication of the data you've used. You can also visit Selfcare to see your remaining data allowance.
1. What is Mobile Wi-Fi?
Mobile Wi-Fi sends out a Wi-Fi signal so that you can connect to the internet without the need for wires. Mobile Wi-Fi can link multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices at any one time, such as your laptop, iPod touch, iPad, Nintendo DSi, and more through any of the data plans/lines.
Mobile Wi-Fi is also commonly known as Mobile Router or Wi-Fi router, Wi-Fi hotspot, Mobile Hotspot.
2. What is the speed of the Real Mobile Broadband© Mobile Wi-Fi?
The speed of the device reaches up to 7.2 Mbps. However, with increased users and high data downloading (i.e. streaming music) the speed may be slower.
3. How many devices can I connect to my Mobile Wi-Fi?
You can connect up to five devices. With increased users or heavy data download (i.e. streaming music) the speed may be slower.
4. Can anyone use my connection?
Your connection is password protected and cannot be accessed by someone else unless shared.
5. Why does my Mobile Wi-Fi get hot when I use it for long periods of time?
This is normal. The modem has a built in temperature protection function which enables it to switch off when its temperature becomes too hot.
6. What do I do if I forget my Wi-Fi key or dashboard login password?
Your Mobile Wi-Fi unique password codes can be found on a sticker in the back cover of the modem. If you’ve changed your Wi-Fi password or your dashboard login, you can reset them to their default settings by pressing the ‘Reset’ button for 5 seconds.
7. Where is the ‘Reset’ button?
When you remove the back cover of the Mobile Wi-Fi, on the side you’ll find the ‘Reset’ button which you need to press with a very thin pointed object.
8. What is a Mobile Wi-Fi default password?
It is a password protected with unique codes to protect your Wi-Fi connection from other users. The unique codes are called SSID (Mobile Wi-Fi name) and Wi-Fi Key (unique password).
You can change either the SSID or the Wi-Fi Key via ‘Change your settings’. If you do change them, you must make a note of the new password as the old one won’t be valid anymore, unless you reset the Mobile Wi-Fi.
9. How can I access the dashboard from my PC or Mac?
You’ll need to connect to your Mobile Wi-Fi through your computer or laptop, to access and use the dashboard. Using the dashboard is free and won’t use up any of your data allowance. To access the dashboard on PC or Mac:
Plug in your Mobile Wi-Fi then go to http://du.home from your browser (PC or MAC)
- The first time you connect your du Mobile Wi-Fi using the USB cable, the Mobile Wi-Fi will create a desktop shortcut to the dashboard. Double click on this icon to open your browser and go straight to the dashboard.(PC)
10. How long does it take to charge the battery?
The battery, when charging with the main charger it takes a maximum of 3 hours when not in use, and up to 4 hours when in use. When charging from a PC via a USB cable the charge time is up to 4 hours when not in use and up to 8 hours when in use.
11. How long does the battery last?
The Wi-Fi modem can work for around 4 and half hours when powered by the battery and when in continuous use.