Tweet anytime on the go.
Tweet, follow your friends and receive direct messages from your followers via SMS within the UAE and abroad.
Use the service by simply sending 'start' via SMS to 8080.
The Twitter SMS service and receiving tweets is free of charge. You will only pay when sending SMS at the standard rates*.
*Data charges will apply when users choose to follow external links.
1. What’s Twitter SMS?
Twitter SMS provides quick and easy way for users to send and receive tweets via SMS.
- Users can follow other people’s tweets of their choice by receiving the tweets in SMS.
- Users can receive direct messages (DMs) from the person he/she follows, and vice versa.
(*Users can only send direct messages to users that follow them to prevent spam) 2. How do I use Twitter on my phone?
If you already have a Twitter account, you can access it from your phone using SMS. You can also create a new Twitter account via SMS by sending the word START to your 8080. 3. Does it cost money? Will fees be added to my phone bill?
Receiving SMS Tweets is totally free of charge, you will only be charged for the SMS’s you send, not the SMS received. Sending SMS is charged as per our regular SMS rate. 4. Can I update Twitter from my phone but not receive other people's updates? And vice versa?
Yes. When you've attached your phone to your Twitter account, you will only receive updates from friends you've asked to get mobile Tweets from. And, when you send a text message from your phone to your Twitter code, it will always post as a Tweet to your profile. 5. I'm getting a ton of updates. How can I get fewer?
You can send commands from your phone to turn updates off for any people you follow by sending "OFF username" to 8080. Or, sending only the word "OFF" turns all updates off until you choose to turn them on again (by sending the word "ON"). You can also do this from your web profile. Additionally, you can set your "Sleep Settings" in your web profile to silence mobile updates for certain periods of every day. 6. How To Add Your Phone To Your Twitter Account?
1. Send a text to 8080 with the word START
2. We'll reply and ask you to sign up if you're new or reply with your username if you already have an account, which you do.
3. Send your username (do not send any additional characters in the message, or we won't be able to read it correctly)
4. When Twitter asks for your password, carefully send your password to us (remember: passwords are case sensitive!)
5. Twitter will ask you to send "OK" if you want to use Twitter on your phone. Send OK, and you're all set! Now you can send messages to 8080 and they will post as Tweets on your Twitter profile for all your friends to read.
6. To get others' updates delivered to your phone now, you'll need to turn on mobile updates for those whose Tweets you wish to see on your phone. Until you do this, you will not receive any Tweets to your mobile phone.